Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Whirlwind...

Baking. Shopping. Wrapping. OH MY! These last few days have been such a whirlwind! Monday I shopped all day and what felt like half the night. I still have more to do, though!

Yesterday, my BFF came over for our annual gingerbread house making day. The one you see closest here is mine~~~the pretty snowcapped roof and better looking one is Kim's. We had a great time~~even the kids were good!

Today, I took off work to finish up everything CHristmas related~~the final shopping, cleaning, and more wrapping. This is the first year I have worked in five years, so I have had a really hard time trying to get everything to fit into my new schedule. Thankfully, I have the best boss ever (and also one of my best friends), so taking the day was no problem! I am hoping to get it all done today!!

Not much going on the scrapfront~~there are a few pics and my new kit from Scrapperie on my desk, so hopefully tonight I can get to it!

Oh and for my wonderful friend Tanya, here are my top 25 favorite movies:

1. Dirty Dancing
2. Pretty Woman
3. The Graduate
4. My Best Friend's Wedding
5. Dodgeball
6. Zoolander
7. Wedding Crashers
8. The Bridges of Madison County
9. Bridget Jones' Diary
10. Bridget Jones and the Edge of Reason
11. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
12. Blue Crush
13. Happy Gilmore
14. Grease
15. The Wedding Singer
16. Serendipity
17. Hitch
18. The Bodyguard
19. There's Something about Mary
20. Can't Buy Me Love (before Patrick Dempsey ever thought of being McDreamy)
21. Say Anything
22. Sixteen Candles
23. An Officer and a Gentleman
24. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
25. Maid in Manhattan

Okay, so yeah, I like mostly funny, romantic movies!

I'm off to fold the last load of laundry and get ready to go shopping!

xoxox,
D

7 comments:

Colleen said...

Wow! You've been busy! Great gingerbread house and I love the movie list... Can't wait to see what you do with the kit - hoping mine comes today!

Tanya said...

You and me both Darlene. I love those romantic comedies!! I totally forgot about Hitch.
I love all the gingerbread houses.
Fantastic job!!
I still have not bought one thing and I have not done one christmas card. I will make it up to you with something else.
Love
Tanya
x0x

My Paper World said...

Wow! Your gingerbread house is adorable!

Melissa said...

great job on the g-bread house! We are doing ours tonight! Hope it doesn't flop! I've never done one before! Love your movie list!! I have to do one, too!

Sandi Minchuk said...

That gingerbread house looks heavenly, Darlene!

Unknown said...

I thought i came over and commented but I guess not lol! Love the gingerbread house!!!! Great list!

Rachael said...

Such a cute gingerbread house!! They are always so fun to do!!

Merry Christmas!