Tuesday, December 4, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like CHRISTMAS!



Yes, the tree is FINALLY up! After about 30minutes of trying to figure out where to put it, I finally decided! AJ and I decorated it in about 20 minutes! Of course all of her ornaments are centrally located towards the bottom of the tree..LOL I was amazed that she was actually asking where certain ornaments of her were. Like her Elmo on a Candy Cane she got for her first Christmas and the Cookie Monster she got the next year. The girl definitely has a memory! Today I will try to get the rest of the house decorations up and Web said he will start the outside for me.


And now for the Christmas Questionnaire that was posted at Scrapperie:

Colored lights or white lights on your house or not at all? None on the house
Hot chocolate or Egg Nog?
Hot Cocoa!
What's your favorite holiday dish? Broccoli Casserole
Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree? He leaves them out!
Do you hang mistletoe?
No, but I almost bought some yesterday
When do you put up your decorations?
The first weekend of December
What's your favorite holiday tradition?
Making cookies/gingerbread houses with my mom and BFF
What's on the top of your tree?
A Bow~Nothing else will stay up there!
Do you have a nativity displayed through the holidays?
Yes
Candy Canes, traditional or flavored? Or Chocolate Covered Cherries?
Traditional Candy Canes
What's your favorite holiday goodie to make and share?
FUDGE!
What's your favorite Christmas song?
there are many, today it's Rockin around the CHristmas Tree
When did you learn the truth about the "magic" of Christmas?
I was about 7 or so and realized that santa and my mom had the same writing
Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Not usually, but Web and I may do that this year alone
Is there a special ornament or Christmas decoration that you wouldn't feel like Christmas without?
I have all of my childhood ornaments and they all go on the tree
Do you take neighbor gifts/treats to anyone, everyone, a select few?
I make some treats for a few friends and my stepson who lives in NV
Is your big meal on Christmas Eve, Christmas morning or Christmas afternoon?
Christmas afternoon usually
How do you decorate your tree?
Red and White and mainly snowmen
Snow? Love it? Dread it? Tolerate it?
I love it since I don't have to live in it!
Do you remember a favorite gift?
Not one in particular, but I usually got a BIG gift from Santa I had wanted
Do you have a family get-together during the holidays with extended family?
Usually on Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family
What's the most important thing that you must do each Christmas season?
Uh, put the tree up!
Do you bake Christmas cookies?
YEP!
Do you leave cookies and milk for Santa?
Sure do!
Share a favorite Christmas memory.
Since I have been married, every year my dad made us waffles for breakfast on Christmas morning. It was the only time he did it and about the only time he ate with us. I will really miss that this year.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

xoxox
Darlene

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww she is cute! My kids decorated my tree and the ornaments are the same way lol! I just left it. Ill have time to fret over a tree when they get big. Then ill miss them being little and their little crowded ornaments lol!

Colleen said...

You got some great pics - perfect for a layout!

Love the questionnaire! I want to blog that later too!

My Paper World said...

Awww! great pics! thanks for sharing!

Tanya said...

Oh my goodness..Aj is so beautiful.
I know this years Christmas will be hard on you and your family D~. Remember those good times and cherish them!