Monday, December 31, 2007

So Long, Farewell, Goodbye 2007

I must say that I am glad to see 2007 go. It was a trying year for me--full of tragedy and pain. I lost my dad and my brother within 6 weeks of each other.....my basset hound Sammy died after 10 great years....there was a lot of 'down' time for me this year....my inner pessimist definitely saw more time than I wished. But thru all of the bad, there was some good that peeped through. Like Web getting a job at HOME. For the first time in our marriage, he is home for good. You don't know how this thrills my heart. No more sleepless nights ALONE in our bed; no more having to talk on the phone for hours. He's here, every day---every night. Another wonderful thing is we bought a brand new house....1800 square feet of newness and NO CLUTTER. Yeah that's good for sure.

So while 2007 had some bad times, it also brings the promise of a better 2008.....something I embrace.

Happy New Year Y'all.

xoxox, D

5 comments:

My Paper World said...

I wish you a Very Happy New Year xx

Shannon said...

I hope 2008 is full of happiness and good things for ya! Happy New Year!

Jayme Downs said...

2008 will surely be better for ya. Have a Happy New Year!!!

Colleen said...

I'm sorry it's been such an up and down year, but I'm glad that you have lots to be thankful for too. Here's to a fabulous 2008!

Love that layout girl!

Tanya said...

I really hope that this is a wonderful year for you and your family D~.
Here's to a great 2008.
Love
Tanya
x0x